Hey there!! Welcome to another exciting edition of the addict doctors, we do hope and believe our previous post was helpful and we pray and hope this will too.
Today’s topic for discussion is MASTURBATION, this has been a pain in the as of a lot of you, where people are battling to find solutions to it. The aged, adults and the young ones are all victims, the sad things is that it is a no respecter of age.
WHAT IS MASTURBATION
One may ask what is masturbation?
Masturbation is when an individual stimulates their genitals for sexual pleasure, which may not lead to orgasm. People masturbate for many reasons. These include pleasure , enjoyment, fun, and tension release.
Some individuals masturbate alone whiles others masturbate with a partner.
CAUSES OF MASTURBATION
• Some believe that it helps prevent sexually transmitted disease if they do not engage in sexual activities with the opposite sex.
• Late marriage as a result of not having a steady partner.
• Having sexual fantasies about real or imagined sex
***Reading and watching pornographic materials.
WHEN IS MASTURBATION A PROBLEM ??
It becomes a problem if it is negatively affecting a person or impacting other areas of their life. Eg if it starts to interfere with their ability to orgasm or have sexual relationships with
a partner, it may be worth addressing the habit.
EFFECTS OF MASTURBATION
• It result in feeling guilty and embarrassment.
• It result in bruising the genital organ leading to serious infections if not managed properly.
• It is medically associates with pre-matured ejaculation.
• It becomes a habit which can’t be broken!.
WAYS TO STOP MASTURBATION.
❤.Avoid pornography: eg pornographic movies, images, and websites, this can help solve this.
❤. Stay active: Find something doing all the time
❤.Seek professional help: seek advice from mental health professionals who specializes in human sexuality.
❤.Spend more time with others
❤. Exercise: exercise is an effective way for both lower tension and positively focus energy.️
ANIMATION PHOTO CREDIT
ARTICLE WRITTEN BY:Awaya Dela Deizy Jennifer