Wondering why the need to know if you are addicted to sex or you just see it as a normal thing in everyday life. Well, as a blog doctor, I am here to help you know where you stand when it comes to sex addiction.
Sex addiction, is an appealing act performed by an individual constantly with a particular mindset. The fact that is a constant act, makes you an ‘’addict’’. Sex addiction can go a long way to have a negative impact on the life of the individual.
EARLY SIGNS OF SEX ADDICTION.
•A sex addict easily gets involved with anyone he or she comes into contact with, regardless of whom they are.
• A sex addict finds it difficult to abandon his or her relationship even if there is the need to. This is because he or she focuses only on the sexual affairs of the relationship.
• A sex addict cannot be single for long, he or she wants to always be involved in sexual acts, hence always wants to be with someone.
CAUSES OF SEX ADDICTION
• Environmental influences could be a cause, such that, the condition in which the person was brought up and how he or she was brought up.
• Mental health, that is depression, anxiety could cause one to involve in sexual acts, with the mindset that, that is the only way he or she can overcome that situation.
• Rejection in relationship, could make one addicted to sex.
• The type of friends or group an individual find him or herself in.
• The type of content one feeds him or herself with, that is sexual content, could influence one’s thirst for sex.
EFFECTS OF SEX ADDICTION.
One must put into consideration that, the effects of being a sex addict can be very severe.
•Sexually transmitted disease is one common friend to a sex addict.
• Females are also at risk, in the sense that, unwanted pregnancy can come out of it.
• There is a reduction in concentration and the productivity of work.
• An addict can never be positive, he or she is always thinking about something profane or negative.
• Some addicts even engage themselves in drug in order to boost their sexual drive, which can be a treat to their health as well.
FEW POINTS TO SHOW IF YOU ARE BECOMING AN ADDICT
•You feel embarrassed over your sexual acts.
• Always promising yourself to abstain from sex, yet you fail.
• Sex is like a ritual you can’t do without.
• If you don’t involve yourself in sexual acts, you are not yourself.
• Having interest in sexually related items, such as masturbation and watching porn.
DEALING WITH SEX ADDICTION
• Speaking with a counselor about your situation would be of great help.
• Abstain from sexually related materials, such as porn.
• Watch your circle. The kind of people you mingle with.
• One could also get any of the sex addiction drugs to curb it, such as Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, which is an antidepressant to help curb sex addiction, but it is more advisable to seek medical consultation before taking these drug.
Photo Credit : Google Images.
Posted by ; JENNIFER KISSI.